Job Candidate Privacy Notice
Last Updated and Effective Date: December 20, 2023
The purpose of this Notice for Job Applicants (“Notice”) is to inform individuals who inquire about and/or apply for employment with Link Logistics Real Estate LLC (“Link” or “we” or “us” or “our”) how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information (as defined below), the retention periods for such information, and your privacy rights.
You must be over the age of eighteen (18) to apply for a job with Link. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the personal information of consumers under sixteen (16) years of age.
For purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable individual, household or device.
This Notice applies only to information that we collect about you in connection with your job application but not, for example, to information that may be collected through the Link website, which is subject to the Link Privacy Notice.
Contents 1. Source, Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you when you inquire about and/or apply for employment with us. We may collect and use such information for the purposes identified below.
We collect the Personal Information either directly from you or from other sources, such as recruiters, background check providers, your former employers, and information available about you through public sources.
|Category of Personal Information
|Purposes for Collection or Use of Personal Information
|Identifiers, such as name, home addresses, home telephone numbers and personal email addresses.
Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number or any other financial information, medical information or health insurance information.
Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Professional or employment-related information, such as job history or performance evaluations
|• Open and maintain applicant records
• Communicate with you
• Determine your eligibility to work and suitability for certain jobs or benefits (to the extent permitted or required by law)
• To evaluate you as a possible employee, director, officer or contractor
• To manage the candidate selection process, including recommending potential career opportunities based on your skills, qualifications and interests, should you decide not to join us or are not offered a job for the current position
• To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your email address, we will use that information to contact you regarding next steps in the application process
• Address our legal obligations to you, such as to make any adjustments required to assist you in the performance of the job position
• Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requests and obligations (including investigations)
• Establish or defend legal claims and allegations
• For security purposes, including to:
◦ Prevent, detect or investigate fraud, suspected or actual illegal activity, violations of company policy or rules, or other misconduct
◦ Investigate security breaches and misuse of computer equipment and systems
◦ Protect our property from theft, vandalism and damage
◦ Seek advice from lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers
2. Source, Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information
Among the above-mentioned categories of Personal Information which we will collect in connection with your application for employment, certain categories are considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the CCPA.
We collect the Sensitive Personal Information either directly from you or from other sources, such as recruiters, background check providers, your former employers, and information available about you through public sources.
We only collect and use Sensitive Personal Information for certain permitted purposes identified below.
|Category of Sensitive Personal Information
|Purposes for Collection or Use of Sensitive Personal Information
|Identifiers, such as information that reveals your social security, driver’s license, state identification card or passport number.
Account access credentials, information that reveals your account log-in, financial account, debit card or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password or credentials allowing access to an account
Racial or ethnic origin
|• Perform and provide services related to your job application, such as opening and maintaining your applicant records, conducting equal opportunity and diversity monitoring (where permitted or required by law), and determining your eligibility to work and suitability for certain jobs or benefits (to the extent permitted or required by law)
• Detect and prevent security incidents, and provide access to our internal systems and facilities
• Ensure the physical safety of our employees, such as to address our legal obligations in relation to health and safety in the work place and protect the health and safety of employees and third parties (including for purposes of conducting contact tracing and monitoring social distancing)
• Provide you with access to internal systems and facilities, such as Workday.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court orders or governmental regulations.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Vendors or service providers who perform services in relation to our human resources and business operations and process Personal Information on our behalf (including service providers for talent management, data storage, IT services, and other purposes and business advisors, such as legal advisors, insurers, accountants and auditors, to the extent this is necessary for them to provide us with their professional services);
- Internal staff, including members of the HR team, managers in the business area in which you work, directors, and IT staff, if necessary for the performance of their roles or relevant to your job application;
- Link designated first responders, if necessary to assist in the event of an emergency;
- A newly formed or acquiring organization if Link is involved in a merger, sale or a transfer of some or all of its business;
- Legal or regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for a legitimate purpose such as to protect the rights and property of Link, our customers, and the public, and to detect and respond to suspected illegal activity and threats to the safety of any person or of our systems or services;
- Any recipient, if required to comply with the law or in the event of a life-threatening emergency; or
- Any other recipient that assists us in any of the foregoing purposes described in the Source, Collection and Use of Personal Information and Source, Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information sections.
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods are: (i) the duration of the application process; (ii) as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you; (iii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iv) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
5. Accuracy of Your Personal Information
Link provides you with the ability to review your Personal Information as part of the online application process and to make changes by editing or deleting your Personal Information. You may also ask us to withdraw your application if you no longer want to be considered for a position at Link. If so, we will withdraw your information and retain it in accordance with the retention periods noted above.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us at email@example.com
We may update this Notice from time to time. When we do, we will notify you of any material changes.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CALIFORNIA
This supplement applies to California residents pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CCPA”), and supplements the information above to notify California residents of the processing of Personal Information.
NOTICE AT COLLECTION
1. Source, Collection and Use of Personal Information
Please refer to section 1 (“Source, Collection and Use of Personal Information”) above.
2. Source, Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information
Please refer to section 2 (“Source, Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information”) above.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
Please refer to section 3 (“Disclosure of Personal Information”) above.
4. Selling or Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or share Personal Information about you to a third party (i.e., communicate Personal Information about you to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration or for cross-context behavioral advertising).
We also do not collect or process Sensitive Personal Information about you for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
5. Summary of Prior 12-Month Personal Information Handling Practices
We provide in the chart below a summary of our prior 12-month Personal Information handling practices. You can learn more about the information we collect at or before the point of collection above in the Source, Collection and Use of Personal Information; Source, Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information; and Disclosure of Personal Information sections.
|Category of Personal Information
|Business or commercial purpose of disclosure and recipients of Personal Information
|Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, email address, social security number, passport number and driver’s license number.
Any personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, education and employment history
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as your race, national origin, gender and age.
Geolocation data, such as your address.
Professional or employment-related information, such as your employment history, title and credentials and performance data.
Education information, such as your education history, achievements and credentials.
Sensitive Personal Information, such as those listed under Source, Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information.
We may have disclosed your identifiers to our service providers who provide services to us in relation to our human resources and business operations and process Personal Information on our behalf (including service providers for talent management, data storage, IT services, and other purposes).
We may have also used and disclosed your identifiers for other reasons, as described in greater detail in the Source, Collection and Use of Personal Information, Source, Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information and Disclosure of Personal Information sections above.
Please refer to section 4 (“Retention”) above.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
The CCPA, affords California residents certain rights with respect to their Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. If you are a California resident, subject to certain limitations, you have the following rights:
(1) Right to Delete. You have the right to request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected about you.
(2) Right to Correct. You have the right to request us to correct inaccurate Personal Information we maintain about you.
(3) Right to Know and Access. You have the right to know and access the Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
(4) Right to Data Portability. You have the right to receive the information under right (3) in a format, to the extent technically feasible, that is portable, usable and allows you to transmit the Personal Information to a person without impediment, where the processing is carried out by automated means.
(5) Right to Not be Discriminated Against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your privacy rights. This includes us not: (a) denying you goods or services; (b) charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (c) providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; (d) suggesting to you that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services; and (e) retaliating against you for exercising your privacy rights.
If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please submit your request using our privacy portal or by calling (844) 441-9869, enter PIN: 131528 when prompted.
In some instances, we will need to verify your identity before honoring your privacy rights request. We will verify your identity by asking you to provide Personal Information related to your potential employment. We will honor your privacy rights request within 45 calendar days of receipt, unless we request an extension as permitted by data privacy laws.
You may exercise your privacy rights through an authorized agent. If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.